2011 Topps Baseball 60th Anniversary Diamond Giveaway
Topps will be celebrating their 60th year of producing MLB Trading Cards with another online redemption program dubbed the 2011 Diamond Giveaway. Much like the 2010 Million Card program where collectors could redeem a code on the back of special insert cards, the 2011 version will also give you a shot to obtain cards from 1952-2010 on a brand new site http://www.diamondtopps.com.
The company also plans to spend 2 million dollars advertising and promoting the Diamond Giveaway through TV, print ads, in-stadium events as well as an online marketing campaign.
In addition, Topps announced that the 2011 Diamond Giveaway will include new opportunities to hit it big. Topps got into the jewelry business and bought some diamonds and will embed them into special 1/1 cards from the 2011 Topps Series 1 Base Set. The Diamond 1/1 Parallel cards are only available online through the Diamond Giveaway website and will not be seeded into packs.
- 2011 Topps Diamond Collection Cards – 1/1 Cards of every base card from 2011 Topps. ACTUAL DIAMONDS EMBEDDED INTO THE CARD!
- 2011 Diamond Di-Cuts – Card has a current or former player with a special hologram diamond die-cut.
- 2011 Black Diamond Die-Cuts – Same as Diamond Die-Cuts but are black and serial numbered #/60.
2011 Topps Baseball Products With Diamond Anniversary Codes:
- 2011 Topps Series 1 Baseball – Release Date: February 2, 2011.
- 2011 Topps Series 2 Baseball – Release Date: June 8, 2011.