Who’s going to save NFL (rookie heavy) boxes this year?
– Tavon Austin … Plays the 49ers & Seahawks 1/4 of the time …. good luck rookie.
– Giovani Bernard … Looks good on Hard Knocks. He’s going to take some BIG hit this year though. Plays the Steelers and Ravens 1/4 of the season, again – good luck rookie.
– Tyler Eifert … Looks REALLY good in training camp. Gronk set a high bar though for TE production, and it will be hard for a rookie TE on the Bengals to carry products …. especially on a team with 2 other Pro Bowlers catching balls.
– Geno Smith … Didn’t start and got hurt in first preseason game. Played against guys who aren’t going to be on an NFL team in a few weeks, so his stats don’t matter.
– Eddie Lacy … already has a hamstring pull that kept him out in preseason opener. However, probably will get touches if he can stay healthy. Looks fat in some training camp photos.
– Cordarrelle Patterson … Looked pretty good week 1 of the preseason. Was considered raw but Vikings moved up to get him, so better hope he produces – he will play.
– Matt Barkley … Looked solid against guys that won’t be in the NFL in a few weeks. Has a crazy coach, so you never know …. Kurt Warner was a no-body with a crazy coach but (both) were leaders in every sense of the word. Good luck rookie (coach & player).
Who’s going to save NBA Rookie heavy product this year?
If anyone is crazy enough to setup a sports group breaking payment processor/e-wallet. Make sure they PROVE customer funds are segregated from operating funds (the owners wallet).
Collectors spend tons of $$$ on this hobby. They deserve honesty, and passionate people advising the businesses they spend their hard earned money at. I wouldn’t spend my money at a company who could easily get their PayPal account frozen – cant recommend those companies to my listeners either.
Don’t take a twitter or Podcast too seriously. If that’s your only method for customers, you’ll go broke …. and probably rant & rave a bit.
There are many blogs, run by passionate & extremely knowledgeable people. They often can only post a few times a week because they are pursuing careers and other passions in life. They might get free boxes and run ads, but at least they are passionate about what they put up.
Forums are filled with collectors who are freely putting up content on a site they don’t even own. Lots of advice, tips, and things get discussed every second there. I read those too.
Book I’m reading recommended to me by
“The beauty is, I’m not a multimillionaire, nor do I particularly care to be”
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” – Mark Twain
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
“I can’t give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
Excerpts From: Ferriss, Timothy. “The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated.” Crown Publishers, 2012-05-16. iBooks.
Check out this book on the iBookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/4-hour-workweek-expanded-updated/id419259551?mt=11
Listen To Show #137 Below