DROPPED OUT: 2009 Triple Threads (3), 2009 Sweet Spot (6), T206 (8), Bob Gibson PSA (9), 1970 (10).
- Auto - Last Month (1) Even though Baseball may not be the most popular sport in America at this time, the card market remains strong for new and vintage. The great thing about baseball is that there are so many players to collect. From the 25 man MLB rosters, to the thousands of prospects playing in the minors.
- Mickey Mantle - Last Month (2) Mickey Mantle gets so much love on eBay and the hobby it's second to none. His 1952 Topps card is always a staple on Sports Card Reports eBay Hot List. The daily blog chronicles the price and value information of all things hot on eBay, and Mantle's cards and autographs always seem to find a way to the top of the list.
- Baseball Cards - Last Month (NR) With some big time sets like Topps T206 and Triple Threads coming out late in the year, more and more people are collecting baseball cards during the off-season. It also looks like Topps hit a homerun with it's Topps Series 1 cards that were recently released, which should be a good sign for the rest of 2010.
- Triple Threads - Last Month (4) I imagine that 2009 Topps Triple Threads will get bumped from the list come next month, but the set has had two very strong months of eBay search traffic.
- Derek Jeter - Last Month (5) Jeter is one of the most popular players in the game. It would be a good idea to get a hold of as many affordable cards as you can, because I would think Jeter is a guy who will hold value for years to come. See #2 on the list, Mickey Mantle, as an example of the popularity Jeter could recieve after his career is done. Be sure to check out a Complete Checklist of Jeter RC Cards.
- PSA - Last Month (7) I remember when Beckett first got BGS going, and all the BGS cards would sell for more then the PSA cards, even if they had the same grade. Now, what I am noticing is that PSA cards are getting more respect then BGS cards.
- Babe Ruth - Last Month (NR) The most popular Babe Ruth card that I see on eBay is his 1933 Goudey. Like Mantle, Ruth is a legend in the hobby that can't do anything to mess up his legacy. In 40 years, Jeter might be named right there among them so it stresses the point to add some Jeter to the collection before too long.
- Topps - Last Month (NR) Topps has the exclusive rights to make baseball cards in 2010 and beyond. With the 2010 Topps Series 1 coming out hot, it looks like Topps products will stay hot all winter.
- Nolan Ryan - Last Month (NR) Ryan is an all-time legend and he is still involved in the ownership group of the Texas Rangers.
- Lot - Last Month (NR) What makes eBay so great is that you can pick up a bunch of cards on the cheap. This actually happens to be on of my favorite searches.
Some Top Selling Cards: Jan. 2010 on eBay
- 1953 Bowman Color BOB FELLER #114 Indians - SGC 96 $12,995.00
- 1952 TOPPS WILLIE MAYS CARD # 261 PSA 8 $8,999.99
- 1933 GOUDEY #53 BABE RUTH SGC EX/NM 80 $8,000.00
- 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle #311 PSA 1 $7,600.00
- 1933 Babe Ruth Goudy Card #53 - EX-MT 6 $7,000.00