At the 2011 Las Vegas Industry Summit, Panini America announced new rules regarding the sales of its products. Not only are there new minimum pricing requirements, a physical store front open 40+ hours per week is now required if you want the opportunity to purchase Panini from a certified distributor.
Here are some of the requirements Panini now has in place for sellers of its products:
- 60% of business is done via in store traffic
- Open for business a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Must adhere to pricing guidelines
- Wholesaling of product is not allowed
- Product purchased is intended for retail consumption only
- No cross border selling of any Panini products allowed
- Panini Authorized Retailers must be approved to sell at Trade Shows and on any internet sites
- Not allowed to pre-sell or offer any Panini product before official street date
These new guidelines should be taken into account if you plan on selling Panini products you purchase directly from a distributor or wholesaler. Below is the 2 part discussion with Mike Anderson who is VP of sales for Panini America. The address occurred at the Industry Summit in March 2011.